Team Characteristics and Processes
- A _______ consists of two or more people who work interdependently over some time period to accomplish common goals related to some task-oriented purpose.
C. pooled structure
- When it comes to interactions, teams differ from groups in two important aspects:
A.Roles and norms
B. spatial orientation and response orientation
C. oral and written expressions
D. deeper interdependence and a specific task-related purpose
E. authority and delegation
- The interactions in teams, as opposed to groups, revolve around:
B. social loafing
C. deeper dependence
D. spatial orientation
E. pooled interdependence
- Which of the following is not a type of team presented in the text?
- Which of the following types of teams has the purpose to produce goods or provide services on an on-going basis?
- Production teams and sales teams are specific examples of which of these types of teams?
- Which of these teams is not an action team?
B. surgical team
C. musical group
D. expedition team
E. sports team
- Whereas _______ teams focus on the accomplishment of core operational-level production and service tasks, _______ teams participate in on-going administrative and coordinating tasks that affect the entire organization.
B. action; work
C. parallel; project
D. project; work
E. work; management
- Which team at ABC International would be responsible for coordinating the activities of ABC’s subunits to help ABC achieve its long-term goals?
- Which of these teams is created for the purpose of providing recommendations and resolving issues?